12 months and out of this 12 months 1 of them is Ramadan. In this holy month the Shayateen are chained up, the doors of hell are closed and the gates of Paradise are widely opened.
But don’t make the mistake to be pious only in Ramadan, since Ramadan is like a training camp. Ramadan teaches you to fight Shaitan! It trains you how to use your weapon against him! How to shoot him, while he is chained up! But, the real battle begins after Ramadan. So make sure, you train as hard as you can and learn as much as you can, to be able to win the war! Be aware, he has prepared for the battle prior to beginning.
The more you train and the harder you train, the better you can maintain the successfull fight against Shaitan throughout the year.
But what are training methods during Ramadan? Even though you have a tight schedule, due to a daily job, you can improve by performing the following things:
- Reading Quran (with translation and if possible with tafsir) as much as possible, at least you can do so while:
- Waiting for fajr Prayer after suhoor
- Waiting for Iftar meal to be prepared, if you don’t prepare yourself
- Riding in the bus/train
- Before and after every prayer
- Pray additional Rakat of optional prayers, which might be:
- Minimum 2 rakahTahajjud before Fajr Prayer
- Taraweeh (up to 20 rakah) in congreggation in the mosque, at least on the nights of workfree days (for muslims living in the countries fasting extremely long, thus having few hours for sleeping)
- Add 4 rakah before asr and Isha and 2 rakah additionally after maghrib
- Perform 2 rakah after every wudhu (ablution) 
- And you can pray as many Nafl Prayer as you wish
- If you can’t do any of the above things, at least focus more on your prayers, concentrate and taste the sweetness of Iman.
- Increase your Tasbih and praise Allah more
- Make more Dua and repent more
- For additional motivation Download new and beautiful Islamic Apps:
- „Thakerni – by Khalid Abdo
- „Ramadan Legacy“ by Ramadan Legacy Limited
The list above is just a few things you could do, there are so many more acts of worship which brings you closer to Allah and strenghten your Iman.
Feel free to comment any suggestion of how to make this Ramadan a more productive one
 Al-Bukhaari (1899) and Muslim (1079) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadaan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are chained up.”
 Praying 2 Rakaats after wudhu
Abu Huraira Radhiallahu ‘anhu narrated that Allah’s Messenger Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam said to Bilal Radhiallahu ‘anhu “Tell me about the most hopeful act (i.e one which you deem the most rewarding with Allah) you have done since your acceptance of Islam because I heard the sound of the steps of your shoes in front of me in paradise.” Bilal said : “I do not consider any act more hopeful than that whenever I make ablution (wudoo) at any time of night or day, I offer salah (prayer) for as long as was destined for me to offer.” Narrated by Al-bukhari and Muslim